Hotel or Serviced Apartment?
Serviced apartment rates are generally reduced according to the length of the stay. This is due to a number of factors such as:
• Maid Service is normally provided less frequently than in a hotel. The cost savings accrued by the apartment operator in terms of reduced wage bills and less frequent laundering of sheets/towels are reflected in the reduced rate.
• Serviced apartments do not have a restaurant. Hotels without a restaurant wouldn't be a hotel in most people's minds, and so most hotels are obliged to operate at least one. Not having to supplement the running costs of a restaurant helps keep serviced apartment rates more competitive.
• Most hotel rates include breakfast. Whether you have breakfast or not, your nightly hotel rate includes around 10 pounds to fund the cost of breakfast. Most people staying in serviced apartments have a choice: prepare your own breakfast or pay to have breakfast in the restaurant, a nearby cafe or on-the-go. The difference is that you're not paying for something you might not use. As such at Poplar House we provide a 'Welcome Pack' of a pint of milk, 6 eggs, muffins, coffee, tea, butter and bottled water that can be used at your convience.
• Hotels need to provide numerous staff, often 24 hours a day, including reception staff and security. Although there's always someone available to help you if you need it, serviced apartments have far fewer staff than hotels, so this is another saving that can be passed on.
• In addition to all this, don't forget that staying in a serviced apartment lowers your total cost of stay due to the massive savings you can make from removing hotel laundry bills (stays of 5 days or more), room service, hotel restaurants and over inflated internet costs.
Hotel Room Studio / Loft Apartment 1 Bedroomed Serviced Apartment
...Its all yours!
01904 658 398 firstname.lastname@example.org